Our lawyers fully understand the complexity of the agriculture industry. We are very proud of a wide range of legal services that we offer to public and private investors in the agricultural sector in the DRC.
The agriculture sector is vital to the national economy. The DRC offers several investment opportunities in the agricultural sector, from production to marketing, with the aim of creating a competitive value chain at the sub-regional level, and ultimately ensuring food security.
The DRC government is committed to promoting investments that will develop agriculture and agro-industry through mechanization to ensure food self-sufficiency and reduce commodity imports.
For several years, our Firm has provided industry-leading insight and unparalleled expertise on all aspects of agricultural legislation and regulations.
Our lawyers are experienced and skilled in professionally advising agricultural business investors to help them achieve their business objectives, protect existing interests and maximize their opportunities.
Our legal services include:
- Advise and provide general information on agricultural activities in the DRC;
- Advise on the sale or purchase of agricultural concessions for family or industrial exploitation;
- Advise on the acquisition of agricultural land;
- Advise and assist investors on the legal and administrative formalities related to the signing of the agricultural agreement with the government;
- Advise on the drafting of the agricultural agreement;
- Advise the client during the conciliation procedure before the National or Provincial Advisory Council of Agriculture;
- Advise on the creation of an agricultural business;
- Advise on legal requirements related to Environmental and Social Impact Assessments of agricultural projects;
- Advise on matters relating to the payment of taxes;
- Advise, assist and represent clients before the courts.