The agriculture sector is vital for the national economy. The DRC offers several opportunities of investment in the agricultural field from production to commercialization with a view to create a competitive value chain at the sub-regional scale, and eventually assure food safety as well.
The DRC’s government is committed to promote investments that will develop agriculture and agro-industry through mechanization in order to ensure food self-sufficiency and reduce imports of basic products.
For so many years our Law firm has provided a leading insight of the sector and an unrivaled expertise on all aspects of agricultural legislation and regulation as well. Our Lawyers are well equipped to professionally advise investors on agriculture businesses in order to help them achieve their business objectives, protect the existing interests and maximize their opportunities.
- Advising on general information on agricultural doing business in DRC;
- Advising on sale or purchase of agricultural lands for familial or industrial exploiting;
- Advising on the acquisition of lands for agricultural purposes;
- Advising and assisting investors on legal and administrative formalities related to the signature of agricultural convention with the DRC’s government;
- Drafting agricultural convention;
- Advising the client during the conciliation procedure in front of the National or Provincial Advisory Council of Agriculture;
- Advising on creating an agricultural company;
- Advising on requirements related to studies on the environmental and social impact of agricultural projects;
- Advising on matter relating to tax payment;
- Advising, assisting and representing clients in front of courts and tribunals.